Patient advocates who want to ensure the patient experience is incorporated into the complex world of drug evaluation and medicines development now have a new resource to assist them. The eMEET (Medicine Evaluation Educational Training) is an online tool designed to help patient advocates navigate the complex world of medicines development, evaluation and assessment.
eMEET is endorsed by Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi), the global scientific and professional society for those who produce, use, or encounter HTA. eMEET uses a variety of tools, such as video presentations, animations and exercises to show how patients' experiences can be integrated into these complex processes. It was developed by Eli Lilly and Company in collaboration with experts in the fields of patient involvement and health technology assessment (HTA). The 1 hour training programme is presented in video modules focused on the following topics:
1) Introduction and scene-setting - the true value of the patient voice
2) The journey of a medicine - the complex process of medicines discovery, development and evaluation
3) An introduction to Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
4) HTA in practice - an illustration of the complexities of health technology assessment
5) Patient advocacy group participation in HTA - how to engage effectively to ensure that HTA panels understand patients' needs and preferences
Was this article useful?